Friday, September 05, 2008

Festival Of Forgiveness - Michammi Dukdam

Today is the "Shyamapana festival". Shyamapana is a festival of forgiveness; its popular among folks of Jain faith. This day is a culmination of a weeklong fest of repentance called "Paryushan". To quote an article :

“For 357 days of the year we carry out our responsibilities to our business, our family and our career. We live a very busy, worldly life. In the process, we accumulate a lot of mental and emotional clutter. We gather unnecessary baggage of pride, fear, animosity, greed, ego and delusions in our thoughts and feelings. So Paryushan is the time to clear that clutter and make a bonfire to burn that junk, that rubbish which is corrupting our minds, our lives and our relationships. The Jains have designed the special eight days of Paryushan as a time of reflection, purification and renewal.”

So over the last year if I have hurt your feelings in any way or form, please forgive me -"Michammi Dukdam" and give me a mandate to start a new score!

Take Care and have a nice weekend!!

cheers,
Vaibhav
--------------
~~My Jain Influences~~
--------------
Support my 204.5 mile bike ride to Portland
Support my climbs
--------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I to but I think the brief should acquire more info then it has.

sports handicapping software said...

sure is fun