Sunday, June 07, 2009

My First 5K Race - Lesson Learnt : Pace Yourself.

This morning I ran my first 5K - the Susan G. Komen Race for cure. It was a great experience, I was astonished my the number of people who showed up to show their support for the breast cancer cause. Microsoft has a booth showcasing HealthVault, and thanks to Anna, myself and Maris could participate in race as part of HealthVault team.

I started a little too fast as the table below will show, my first mile was a little too fast (started 7:00, averaged 7:53), which affected the third mile (avg 8:50min). Overall all I finished my first 5K in 26:04 mins, I was hoping to be in ball park of 22 mins but oh well, lesson learnt to pace myself and it was all for a good cause :). Here are the stats for the graphical and analytical folks:


Thanks to Maris for pushing me mile 2 onwards, she paced herself well, caught up with me around beginning of mile 2 and hey seemed like a machine on mile 3 when I was panting and barely able to keep up with her. She could easily have finished the race in 22-23 mins, if i didn't hold her back ;).

Anyways, it was a morning well spent with lots of friends (yay! Maggie...) and colleagues (yay! HealthVault..) participating in the race. Oh and the yogurt at finish line was delicious...

4 comments:

Maris said...

Way to go!!! Great learning experience about pacing, I knew you would not believe me without experiencing it for yourself :). You need to run a smarter 5K sometime soon to get a faster PR.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are around 210 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that particular make. The prices for the shoes were around 220 dollars on every site. But completely I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?